Thread: Mean Mommy?!?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Dawn----
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Mean Mommy?!?

Hi !! I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie to puppydom (is there such a word?) I have 2 yorkies, Missy & Beau that I have had for about a year and a half now. Missy recently (1 week ago) gave birth to a bouncing baby boy !! ...My question is: I realize that the mommy instinct to protect is natural, but is it normal for her to actually attack Beau (the daddy) totally unprovoked? I have Missy and the baby on a totally different floor of the house and Beau never goes anywhere near the baby but Missy will at times seek him out and it is an all out fight. Other times they coexist as they always have, but these fights come out of the blue. Is this normal? If so, when will it get better? If it is not normal, what can I do about it? One other issue I would so appreciate input on is: I will be traveling the first part of July and I always take my pups with me. Will this in any way cause a problem with the new puppy? He will be 4 weeks old by then. It will be a day and a half trip by car. I do not want to do anything detrimental to him, are there any concerns with this type of trip at this age? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions and tips on these issues will be most appreciated !
Dawn---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!