View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
MickNMaL
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Mickey's first trip to the Vet

Just got home from Mickey's first vet visit since he's been home. We took him home saturday evening. Mickey was born on Jan 12th- so he is just over 10 weeks now.

Well- overalll the vet said he looks like a very healthy puppy. He weighs 3.9 lbs (the breeder told me a little over 2 lbs... I thought it seemed like a BIG 2 lbs!).

We did get some bad new...
Mickey has ear mites. The breeder gave me drops for his ears that she got from the vet a day before we picked him up. She said it was because he had a lot of wax... Guess I should have know- I was just caught up in the excitement.

Mickey also has Coxidea (sp?) (worms). The vet explained that all puppies have worms, but it should have been treated before Mickey came home. So now he is going to be on Meds for 6 more days. Poor Mickey.

So, I am going to call the breeder and let her know how it went... I'm a little annoyed. So, any suggestions on how to handle this phone call??

Mickey also got car sick again. I hope he grow out of this because he is going to be coming in the car with us a lot and I dont want it to always be a bad experience. Any thoughts or suggestions?
MickNMaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!