View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #9
icy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmax77 View Post
First off I know there has been alot in the news lately about puppy mills like that and I bet if you contacted the local news channel they would get invloved and that press is not good for the local animal control people.

Second:
I know there are alot of people out there who have kennels in other places besides their home and take very good care of their animals. We need to be very carefull in saying that every outdoor or backyard kennel is a puppy mill.
I myself have a seperate building in my back yard which is used just as my kennel area. I have about a 1/4 acres that is fenced in for a play area and my buildings are heated and air conditioned. My animals are all in great health and I spend probably more time out there than I do in my own house.
I know alot of people are in it just for the money and should not have animals to start with and we should report every instance of animal cruelty we see, but lets not label everyone with outside kennels in their backyards as problem breeders. There are some very respectful breeders out there who really care for the breed but for some reason or the other just can't have them in the house. It maybe because of a room issue or a family member is allergic to dog dander or many various reasons so my advice is to be careful with labels.
However like I said in the story you related it sounds like this breeder needs to be and should be closed down. She doesn't care for the well being of her animals and thats just not right. I'm not mad but just some thoughts to think about!!!!
Call the News Station and talk to the news desk They will help. It's a human interest story they love those.
I agree, call your local news station and try and talk to someone about these people and the way they are breeding their Yorkies. As soon as people start sniffing around this property, I'll bet it gets cleaned up or closed down real soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!