View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #15
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

dental work can be expensive...that is why it is best to do it when they are having something else done like spaying or neutering. The expense is in the anesthetic and the bloodwork prior to any surgery on these little guys. My vet is going to do a complete blood work count on Princess in a couple of weeks just to make sure that she can tolorate the anesthetic since that is so critical with the tiny babies. Princess is 2.5 lbs. so he has to get the anesthetic right or we could lose her. He has done my other 2 girls so i know he will do the best job possible but if there are problems with their kidneys or other organs, the anesthetic can cause serious problems. A good vet should want the protection to himself and his practice and make sure the baby can tolorate the surgery before doing it. If your yorkie baby is super tiny, i would suggest taking her to a vet that has worked on tiny yorkies before and get references. My vet also allows me to bring my babies home after they come out of the anesthetic so that they are not left alone in a cage all night long with no one there. If i wasn't able to bring them home, he was going to take them home with him just to make sure they were ok through the first night.
Hope this helps!
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!