View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufufashions View Post
Kissy ended up with only 4 front teeth on the top but her bottom canines fit perfectly and go in front of her top canines. If you don't make room for the canines, they will push out and get bowed out like a bulldog's. I couldn't have that in my baby girl. They did this at 4 months i believe. She is almost 6 years old so it has been a while and she has never had a problem eating...she is my porky yorkie now!
Your vet will probably know of a doggie dentist in your area. They just gassed Kissy a little and pulled out her permanent teeth that were in the way. She was fine in a few hours. Princess will have to have major dental work when she is spayed. Breeders don't care about their teeth so they don't invest in getting that done. It is left up to the new owner.
OH WOW. yeah, i will have to talk to my vet a little more about what i need to do. i have never had a dog with an uderbite before i don't think hers is terribly bad but i am sure that once the adult teeth come in, it might be more noticible. actually, all of the front adult teeth have come in and it isn't bad. hmmm..i will definitely talk to them and see what they say. I will be making the appointment for her to be spayed before too long.

thanks for the advice!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!