Thread: potty training
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
Siara28
Senior Yorkie Talker

OH.........and be sure to have a special word. Ours is simply "POTTY" and when I brought him to go Potty, I said "POTTY" and when he went potty I said "Good Potty" and sometimes I even kept saying it OVER AND OVER AND OVER as we were outside..........My pup understood the word POTTY at about the 4-5 day mark.........and then he would go POTTY on command, and I STILL say POTTY all the time!!
I wouldn't blame it on the cold weather, when we got our guy (mid-January in Minnesota) it was about 20 degrees (he had never been out EVER until I took him home) and about 1.5 weeks after we got him, we had a SUPER COLD SPELL that lasted about 2 weeks, and it sometimes didn't get above Zero, and let me tell you.........he learned VERY fast that all he had to do was POTTY and he could go back in the warm house.
Consistency, consistency consistency with your WORDAGE AND going out. PLUS TONS OF PRAISE. My lil guy STILL gets treats pretty much all the time when he potties.........they are very TREAT MOTIVATED.........try that!!!!! He will realize that by going POTTY he gets REWARDED!!!
Siara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!