View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #8
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

Teeth too many teeth

Hi! Both of my yorkies ended up with both sets of teeth. When i had them spayed, all the baby teether were pulled and the permanent teeth actually moved over in time and got where they were supposed to be. This is very common in the tiny breeds. Since i got Angel at 10 months from the breeder, nothing had been done to help out her teeth and they were horrible. She has a beautiful smile now although some are still crooked. My other girl, Princess, that i just got 2 weeks ago at 10 months old also has both sets of teeth. She can still eat just fine and we are going to have all the baby teeth removed when she is spayed in a couple of weeks too. Not to worry as this is soooooooooo common!! They do look funny with 8 canines!
My oldest one has the underbite and so we had to have some permanent teeth on the top removed so that her bottom canines could come in without distorting her beautiful smile. We went to the doggie dentist for that and it was so worth it. You might ask your vet about it when you go in next week.
Best of luck!
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!