Thread: hiya
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #7
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Hiya Sammy !
You aren't the only plonker posting on the wrong bit, hee hee !
......ME TOO !
My hubby set this site up for me and put me on the US bit....and I joined a few days ago too, and introduced myself there, ooooops !
They were very nice to me though !
So I will just say Hi to everyone here....Hi UK Yorkie mad people !

I am Debra from the Highlands of Scotland. I am 39 and counting !!!
(Yes, I am the one who put an irrate post up here about the show person getting onto a yorkie lover for breeding. I got a bit annoyed at them thinking that pet breeders were bad, when they also have the best interests of their dogs at heart, unlike the many puppy farms and show breeders looking for "theee pup" to show, leaving other poor doggies in homeless shelters and making ridiculous amounts of money from their imperfect siblings.
Many's an old age pensioner just wants a wee dog, cheap or free, to sit on their knee and cannot afford the huge amounts some breeders charge.

Any Yorkie in my book is heaven !!!

Here is what I have said about mine so far :

My first, Tara, 4 lbs, (the Queen) is nearly 7 and was neutered at 1 year, after I bought her as a pup age 6 weeks. She is so beautiful and everyone stops us to drool over her.....mind you she insists on being spoken too ! She likes to wave her paw like ET's finger !
She is very small, but in proportion and perfect. A Crufts judge stopped me and said she would win and I should show her, but though Tara would show off perfectly, I just wouldn't do that to her ! People think I spend hours on her coat, but it is just perfect itself ! I wash her once a week and that's it.

My second, now 4, already called Casper, I bought at 19 months,(when Tara was 3) Other male dogs in his first family were attacking him, leaving a scar on his nose - and his ex owners were crying when selling him to me -though they keep in touch and send him presents.
He is lovely and gives lots of lovely smiles. He is a tall, scrawny skinny wee mannie, (4 lbs) but soooo loving ! He has a naughty stripe on his nose and a special claw as I tell him, as it is too far up and has no pad - it is a toe not a dew claw. (...who cares - he is gorgeous and unique !)

Both Tara and Casper have grandparents in common and have good pedigree. (Cousins from central Scotland - 150 miles away from me)

Tammy is 3 and a half years and also 4lbs. (We kept her name too - as I liked it) I rescued this poor wee soul (a hopeful mum to be)from such horrendous conditions you would not believe, and nursed her back to pristine health, spending a fortune at the vets as well.
She is a treasure.
She has an amazing pedigree and was bred in the North of England. I was wanting to buy a puppy but there were none up to 200 miles from us. My husband brought home the paper after his night-shift and I saw her ad, and we went straight to get her - 200 mile round trip - hubby not having slept and due back on night-shift that night ! I am so glad we went because nothing could prepare us for the state the dog was in - despite what seemed to be a very caring owner - he just couldn't cope anymore.
We bought her last October, shaved, not toilet-trained, pungently stinking, greasy, tattered ears, black skin underneath and red raw everywhere else - mange mites and a yeast infection - and had never seen a vet in her life despite being a top pedigreed dog bought by this person from a very good breeder.
She went all flat on the ground, crouching (we weren't taken inside the house)..and smiled up at us, and me and my hubby fell in HUGE love with her !
We gave him the money, took her papers and the bag of food he gave us plus a new food bowl (no lead as he had never walked her) and took her the 100 miles back home and off to the vets ! She got wormed, vaccinated and treated for her terribly sore skin. We washed her every other day in mange shampoo - her first ever wash I think - and fed her on good food.
By November she was a different dog.
If she is pregnant, I will get her neutered after, in a few months, and she may also need a tooth pulled by the vet. I do all my own dentistry, and the other two dogs have perfect teeth, but I had trouble doing Tammy's as she isn't used to it and though I managed a good clean I think she has one at the back which may need to be taken out as it looks black at the root - though I am not sure. Apart from that tooth she is perfect now. Her skin is all pink now and her hair is growing in. (covering her poor tattered ears !)
She has just finished her season, and she and Casper had fun ! I never knew a female could be such a wee tart ! Both are in love and very happy. Aw !
Tara was fed up with all their nonsense and would curl up disgusted !
(The Queen was not amused !)

Here are some pics of my three......
DEBRA - "Yorkie mad !!!"

No 1: TARA (the Queen) ......Isn't she gorgeous !
No 2: CASPER (or Mannie as we call him.)....Isn't he cute ! *WITH TARA*
No 3:TAMMY (Tammykins) ......So sweet wee girlie !
No 4: TAMMY ......waving to you all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tara.JPG (33.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0008.JPG (50.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Tammy 0207.jpg (21.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg TAMMY.jpg (21.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by HighlandYorkies; 03-17-2007 at 08:24 PM.
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!