Thread: couch
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

There is a silver mat you can get that works without the spikes, but I don't know what it's called.

Is it really fair to not let him be on the couch after letting him up there? He's not going to understand why the rules have changed. Or if you don't want him to *jump* just get one of those little ramps. Mine are allowed on all of the furniture, although I had to teach them if they have something messy like a Kong they need to lay on a blanket. Little Miss Princess hasn't learned that rule and I had to move her onto a blanket with her stick today... I have several fleece blankets in my living room and every day I lay one out on a couch for them. They tend to choose to curl up on the blanket...

If he's just in your way just teach him "off" and "move" Off is easy, just throw a treat on the ground and when all 4 feet hit the ground say "OFF" and praise. Then you can just tell him to get off. I use move when Loki's in my spot on the bed. When I tell him to move he moves over or moves to the end of the bed or his bed, depending on his mood. I don't care as long as he gives me my pillow back.

Also, if it is a jumping issue - just teach him to sit to "ask" to get on the couch and then you can lift him.

Last edited by Erin; 03-17-2007 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added something
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!