View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean.C View Post
the first pic, Bebhinn is 10 weeks..i came back today from vacationing in cloudcroft, NM, and shes now 11 weeks [as seen in 2nd pic]..she is growing lots of fur and ahh, i missed her madly. ANYWAYS, question time..
so when should i expect her coat to change colors? i notice that on the top of her head, its getting lighter..i cant wait to see her in her adult coat .^_^.
another quick Q, whenever she is with me, in my room, she goes potty on the paper, but when shes out of my room or when she was being taken care of by my friend while i was away, she pottied everywhere BUT the paper..thats kind of weird, can i break that, and if so, how? i figure 'cause shes young, but iuno...well, those are the only Q's i have for now..hope you enjoy the pics of my little poot
She's lovely. By the way it is called coat not fur. Yorkies coat is similar to human hair.

Her head will get lighter (clear)....things you may find as it changes, it may turn almost white before it turns to gold/tan

The longer it takes for the coat on her body to change the better. It means she'll hold her color longer and won't turn light, preferrably not until 8-10 months of age Well anyway, that is what I would hope for. But, it will go through many changes before it turns to that desired dark steel blue. Yorkies do not reach full maturity until the age of two, so expect those coat changes through those 2 years.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!