View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
Sweetums
Donating Yorkie Yakker

They are stubborn little stinkers, but precious beyond precious. I don't know if I could put up with all the special attention our little furbaby requires is she weren't such a cutiepie and so smart. I think that's what makes them such a challenge, the fact that they learn things so quickly and they can outsmart you in so many areas. One article I read on the Dog Owners Guide online described Yorkies (and other terriers) to a T:

"The qualities that make terriers so appealing: courage, boldness and a fun-loving spirit can also make them difficult to live with. Unlike most breeds, terriers were bred to work independently of people. Retrievers, for example, instinctively know how to retrieve but they expect their people to tell them when, how and what to retrieve. Terriers, on the other hand, were intended to roam their owner's property on their own, seeking out and killing rats and assorted vermin. They were expected to work by themselves without human intervention and make their own decisions. Many terriers, in fact, don't see people as their "masters" at all but as nuisances that are interfere with their fun!"
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!