View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

wow thank you all SO SO SO much! Layla eats Fromms (its an equivalent to Canidae) Duck and Potatoe.. it has NO wheat corn or soy... or chicken which i also know they can be allergic to.

now when you are talking about the fabric softener... do you mean on my clothes or hers???

Her bedding has been changed... she was in there with a wool blanket and now it is a fleece and flannel sheet and some pillows (in her crate) she only eats home made treats (peanut butter based... oat flour)

i am going to stick to the Cranberry Fields shampoo for now... we just used it once and so i know it isn't "magic" ... oh how i wish it was!!!

carpet eh?? geez i really hope it isn't that... there isn't much carpet in our house.. mainly tile... but come summer (this will be our first summer with her... she was a pup last summer and had a bit of dry skin when we got her.. but nothing like this.. she also came from a southern climate.. so the change may be taking a while ??? this is her first winter) if none of these "easy" solutions work.. i'm going to take Yorkiedaze's advice and just start from scratch.. i really dont' want to mess up her diet at the moment (we just got her back to nice firm poops after about a month of stomach problems.. it was the food... but we fixed that !!) and in the summer i'll have more time to devote to a complete meal make over...

i can't thank you all enough... i feel just lost.. the skin on her body that is dry doens't bother her.. .she scratches her face and her paws... however we JUST started this new high quality food and i've noticed that since we have... the amount she chews on her paws has gone down... and the dandruff has gone up .. lol... i hope they aren't related!

again.. thank you so so so much!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!