View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #42
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
the first YOrkie I bought was for pet. The second one I thought I wanted to breed. I bought her from someone who said this was a show dog but that breeder never had a clue about anything, still doesn't actually.
The one I bought was so far from a show dog and NEVER ever should be bred which I didn't. I figured it out before I got to that point.
I see far too many breeders saying the have champion line or champion sired puppies that have never seen a show ring themselves. Yet they will sell to a novice that doesn't know the puppy likely is not a show dog and actually could be a real problem if ever used for breeding becaiuse the seller doesn't know about what a show dog should look like, what could be in the pedigree that could be an issue including genetic problems because they are not involved in the show world themselves.
I think the other thing that is important when attempting to get into showing is taking time in researching. Not only the dog, but the breeder.
There are those that are in such a hurry, that they can be dupped by anyone passing themselves off as a show beeder because they've somehow obtained a dog with a great pedigree, but don't have a clue on how to breed great dogs. It takes time, work and lots of studying.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!