View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Are you giving each new thing you try ample time to work? It might take a couple of months to really see a difference. Scratching her paws sounds like it could be a food allergy - I would rule out food that out first. Find her a good quality "skin" food -- do some research there are several. Just be sure that they don't contain corn, wheat, or rye. Some dogs are allergic to soy as well. My Chattie had a very dry brittle coat. I switched over to Canidae about 2 years ago --after about 6 months I started noticing some improvement and now her hair is in full recovery. I also feed Missing Link AND two weeks ago I started feeding her 2 drops of Emu/VitaminE oil daily. I know her feeding program has helped, but the jury is still out on the emu oil -- I will continue for 4 or 5 months before I come to any conclusions.

The other thing I would suggest is that maybe you are using too many products on her and she is having reactions. If it were me I would pick out a product line to try and stick with it exclusively for a couple of months. I really liked the Cranberry Fields from BeyondSpoiled.com and I am really lovin the Minksheen from Touch of Mink. Also, when you bathe, be sure to "go overboard" with the rinsing. I always rinse for 5 minutes with clear warm running water (no yucky standing water) --I set the timer to be sure we get the full five minutes in.

Good luck!!!!!
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!