View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Maybe it's her diet! I don't know what you feed, so I can't say anything. Also some dogs are very allergic to certain types of carpet, especially wool or wool blend, which holds true to blankets. Here is what I would do if I had her.
First, I'd put her in an area like the kitchen breakfast area, with no carpet and put a baby gate up so she couldn't get out. Next I would make sure her blanket was 100% cotton, washed in dreft and rinsed twice. Next I bath her in a pure castle liquid soap and rinse her in a vinegar and water solution adding some #1 All Systems lanolin. I'd take her off of ALL foods and snacks that you have been giving her and ALL dairy. I'd put her on ground beef and rice and some vitamins. After a week or so she should show signs of improvment. Let her stay oily looking with the lanolin, as it helps with the dry itchy skin. After two or three weeks of this, if she is cleared up, then only add one kind of food for three days. If she isn't scratching, then add a different kind for three days and on and on but staying away from all dog food, processed foods and bought treats. For snacks just go for the dried fruit. If in the end it isn't the food, then let her on the carpet for a little while each day, but back into the bare floor. If it isn't the carpet, then try the bed if she had been sleeping with you. Just do baby steps at a time. During all this, don't take her for walks untill she is finished with the carpet, bed and yard. Remember, one step at a time for three days.
Yorkiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!