View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #35
tegamom1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
The question I would ask is did this breeder selling these dogs that are champion sired put the championships on them themselves? Have they put the work in to show them?
I see many breeders selling puppies, champion sired or champion lined, but not their champions on their kennel name rather off the work of someone else that they got a hold of the lines indirectly because a reputable show breeder trusted someone they now regret trusting.
If this actually is a show breeder that has done this who shows the dogs themselves and the champions are their own kennel name, that is pretty disheartening and you can bet not many other show breeders are going to be willing to trust that breeder with their lines when they are looking for some new blood to bring into their lines.
JMHO
Excellent point! I can't imagine reputable show breeders doing this. $5000.00 or not. Their reputation is shot! Anyone who wants a quality show dog from a good show breeder SHOULD be willing to jump thru those hoops and feel very fortunate and blessed to be getting a nice dog that has years of planning and strict breeding behind them. I don't consider the contracts strict, I just consider the contract covers doing things the right way, the ethical way, to protect the breeders reputation and bloodlines that they have worked so hard for.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!