Thread: Peanut the hero
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
Peanut's Mum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cool Peanut the hero

I've seen a few threads about YT members being worried that their yorkie will get stolen, so here's my story of what happened last Friday.

I was home from work because I felt sick. It was around 12:30 when I heard Peanut barking at the door. He wouldnt stop, so I dragged myself out of bed and peaked out the window to see who was knocking. Well the first suspicious act was that this woman was knocking constantly, yet really quietly. You know if you want to get someones attention inside the house, you bang on the metal door... But yea, no. I decided to ignore her, because I figured she was a sales woman or something. Anyways, I see her get into the passenger seat of a beat up black four door car and they drive off. I did not see the driver.

So I immediately went back to bed. Yet, like three minutes later, Peanut is barking like crazy, but its a different type of bark. Not the bark at the mailman or birds type of bark. I think some of you can understand haha. So I get out of bed again, and this time Peanut's at the window at the side of the house. I peak out the window at the front of the house and theres no car, so I figured Peanut isn't barking at a person. I walk up to Peanut and the window, and theres this man by our garage and gate. Ok, at that point I figured it wans't anything suspicious, cuz my dad has a office in the garage and sometimes his friends knock on the garage to get my dads attention. (1. No car...so how could a friend come by. 2. My dad wasnt even home!! yikes) I saw one of my parents car missing from home, so I figured my mom went out but my dad was working... Anyways, my dad doesnt come out, and the guy is out there for like two minutes, when i suddenly see him climbing our fence and into our backyard!! Well I ran into the kitchen and screamed, "what are you doing??" He ran back to the fence, climbed it, hopped over and ran off super fast.

I called my dad and he told me him and my mom went to the doctors. I called the local police and told the dispatcher my story and she sent 4 patrol cars came to take my story! four... They told me that most likely they were profiling my house, and when they saw my parents leave they decided to break in.

My mom and I were worried that they wanted to get Peanut. I mean, the guy came back without a car, and even if the car drove up later on, it's not like they can take that many things in that small car. (Besides jewelry and stuff like that) And the lady knew Peanut was on the other side of the door barking at her.

But yea, theres my super long story. Just be careful everyone. You never know how desperate people can get. Even if they weren't there to get Peanut, the fact that they would actually try and rob my house in daylight is so audacious of them. We call Peanut a hero now, for waking me up and warning me : )
Peanut's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!