Thread: Treats
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default Treats

Here's the story. We brought home my beautiful 8 week old yorkie on March 14. He was sick and throwing up on the car ride home and we figured he was just car sick. We tried to feed him what the breeder's fiance gave us, which was dry food, several times and he wouldn't eat it. Then after awhile he acted like he wanted it, but couldn't chew it or swallow it. We thought maybe his stomach was still upset. The next day (yesterday), he still acted like he wanted food, but couldn't eat it and continued throwing up. My husband took him to the vet and the vet said he was very, very sick so my husband called the breeder himself and told my husband to bring the dog to him. On the trip there my husband said that the puppy was sleeping with his tongue sticking out and shaking all over. The breeder gave our puppy a pill and some wet food and he suddenly perked up. I don't think he is ready for dry food, so therefore, we can't reward him or easily train him with typical hard treats. Is there anything soft that we could give him that is safe and easily bought?
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!