View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 04:42 PM   #7
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytepup
no from time to time over the years he does. He goes off the deck into our gadren...maybe I should brick the back yard in!!! He has a large area to run/play in and chase the squirrls/racoons /cats/birds etc. They all run when the 5 pound Yorkie comes charging!!!
Maytepup ... you can do a search on Google ... just go to advanced search and type in "dogs eating grass" .... there is LOTS of information. Lots of opinions by vets but I didn't find anything that gives a scientific reason. Bottom line ... they just do. Some eluded to gastric problems, etc. If your baby has had a recent check by your vet and he found nothing to point to a medical problem then I would guess ... he just likes to!! I would be careful about grass that has been fertilized or sprayed for pests or weeds. Our Toto doesn't get out near grass very often but she has a fasination for paper and will eat all she can get! She can have a dozen different "chew things" in front of her but let her spot a tiny piece of paper and she snaps it right up!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!