View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. My blast from the past was an old friend that I had grown up with in a very very small town. He was totally in love with me but I just could not think of him as anything other than a really great friend. You know how it is - there are just some people that you just could NOT even think about having an intimate relationship with. We became best of friends through junior high, high school and college - we even lived together for a while (as friends only) while we were in college.

Anyway, we both married and moved on. I hadn't talked to him in 30 years, when one day an email from him appeared. Turns out he had just moved away from the city where I live and we had worked only about 6 blocks away from each other for over TEN YEARS!!! He was going through a divorce and then he ended up moving back to my city. We would go out to lunch and just got caught up with each others' lives.

It was so wierd at first - such a coincidence. He stayed in town for about a year and then he moved again. We still talk by email and phone. I still consider him one of my best friends and I always will.

No, I didn't tell my husband - he would be jealous and there is absolutely 100% nothing to be jealous about. His health is very tenuous and I don't want him to worry about anything unnecessarily.

I don't think that I will ever lose touch with my old friend again and I know that of all the people in the world, I can always count on him to be here if I need something. I only have a few friends like that......

Yeah, it's funny how things work out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!