View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
La_T_Dog
Yorkie Yakker

I have to agree with the other YT'ers suggestions. Ask, ask, ask! Start with other dog owners, then start interviewing the vets. Ask them questions. Since we now have our little yorkie, Pixie, we are going to be changing vets. We have used a friend that my husband has known since college. And while he has established an excellent clinic and clientel, he doesn't know the details of the yorkie breed.

I saw a man with a yorkie in my neighborhood, and just asked who his vet was. He told me that his vet has LOTS of experience with yorkies in particular and this vet even breeds them. After an interview, we decided to "cheat" on our family friend!

One thing that I have learned from having a vet for a friend is that they are just HUMAN! They don't know everything, they do make mistakes, and everything they may say is not law. If a vet gives you a diagnosis or suggestion that you don't feel right about, get another opinion! Because most of the time, that is what the vet is giving you-- his OPINION!

Good luck in your search!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!