Thread: sick newborn?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #11
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemn
I need advice- I have a 5 day old puppy, and he has a runny nose and his nose sounds stuffy, I tried to listen to his lungs, but he cries when I try.

Do I wait to call the vet in the am (it is 11:20pm here) or should I call the emergency vet?

He is getting amoxicillian through his mamas milk.

My husbands tells me to relax, but I am worried- he is eating very well, gained 3 oz since birth- you can just hear is nose is stuffy, and runny while he eats.

please tell me what is best to do... his littermates seem fine, I checked them out.. they are not exposed to drafts or anything.

Thanks in advanced, I will return all the help I have been given when things slow down here... promise

I have the EXACT situation going on and have asked for advice here at YT. It started with one male, then another, then a third, now all four have it. Is it like a little cold, more sneezing than coughing? They rarely cough, but when they do they gag a little. Took them all to the vet when only one had it. She gave me a liquid antibiotic and said to keep an eye on the rest of them. Well, they all eat at the same buffet and they all got it. I keep Tiah's belly cleaned off all the time, and do whatever it takes to keep the pups healthy. I couldn't see how they could get a cold when I was SO CAREFUL. the vet just said, "It happens". The anitibiotic runs out today and I will be taking them back. They all still have it. No caughing anymore, but the all have the sniffles (which is clear, not infected looking). Since I seem to be ahead of you on this one, I'll let you know what the vet does and says.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!