View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
JJYorkie
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need Help with Potty Training!

Spicy (15 weeks) is making HUGE messes while we are gone during the day. I put him in a bathrrom--where his crate is but not locked in the crate. At least once a week we come home to poop everywhere. He goes off the potty pad and then tracks it like you can not believe.

He eats Science Diet right in the afternoons and poops twice in the mornings before we leave for school (I teach). Still he goes what looks like once during the day but then gets it absolutely EVERYWHERE. Today took well over 2 hours to clean.

I'm thinking I will crate him tomorrow...hate to...but.... He pees in his crate sometimes so I suspect he'll do that while we are gone but that has to be better than this mess.

ANY idea or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. We are now just starting to work on training him to go outside rather than the potty pads. He's never been consistent with them and I think he'll understand better that he only goes outside that trying to distinguish the pads from any other carpeted are.

Thank you for readiny my long vent. We LOVE Spicy but man we need some help with this one.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!