View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Brooklyn619
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default What to do while at work?

Brooklyn is almost 11 weeks old. I've had her for about a week and a half now and she is doing pretty well. My problem is that I work every day from 8-5 PM and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing while I'm gone. We get up at 6 AM and she goes outside and then she eats and then I let her out again just before I leave for work at 7:30. Right now I'm keeping her in my bathroom/closet area. It is tiled and well ventilated. I put a bed down for her in the corner by her food and water and I put a puppy pad down in the other corner. She is there until 11 AM when my roommate comes home and lets her out for about half an hour to play with our other dogs. Then she goes back in her "area" until I get home around 5:30 and I immediately take her outside to pee and play. After that she gets fed and then pretty much runs around the house with me until we go to bed (she sleeps with me). I keep her constantly active from 5:30 to 11 or so when we go to bed and she gets the half hour at 11 AM. Also, my sister is sometimes home during the day and lets her out with her. Do you think this is okay for her to be in the bathroom area during the day? I've been reading a lot about crating, but I don't want to keep her in a crate for that long. I'm just worried that maybe she has too much freedom in the house after I get home and maybe I should keep her more confined. I just feel bad because I want her to be able to run and play when after being kept in the bathroom all day. Am I doing the right thing or should I try something different? She does use her potty pads ONLY when she's confined... otherwise...she'll go on the floor.
Brooklyn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!