Thread: torn acl or LP
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Hi...my name is Nicole

That's wonderful news. I really liked Dr. Hinton and her credentials. Roxy had surgery on both rear legs in August of 2006. When Dr. Hinton was in there (her legs), she only deepened the grooves and Roxy patella?s slipped back in and worked great. Dr. Hinton only went this far, b/c Roxy has a slight curvature to her bone structure and felt that the classic 'cut and pin' procedure of LP just wasn't necessary. Roxy did good through her 6 week recovery, but it was determined that her right leg didn't stabilize. She had her 2nd LP surgery in November. This time the 'cut and pin' was done. Everything went well. Roxy had to be contained for a longer healing time but she did well. Feb. 2007 took Roxy back b/c she had a bump on her leg. Dr. Hinton took an x-ray and saw that the pin had migrated (which can happen). She removed the pin that day (took about 30 mins.)

Roxy is a NEW girl. What a difference from before surgery to after surgery. She has more confidence and is doing things she didn't do before.

Good luck - Keep us posted! Anytime you want to talk, I am here.

...also, check out:
www.meetup.com - there is a Suffolk County Yorkie Group that meets up 1x a month and the Group's Organizers house in Huntington. She has a fenced in backyard. LOTS of Yorkies are there (anywhere from 10 to 15, maybe even more at times). We meet up for about 1 to 2 hours. It is a great chance for socialization of the little ones. Maybe we will see you there sometime.

P.S. TJ my other baby (Roxy's brother) also has LP in both rear legs. He will have surgery probably in May 07
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!