View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #21
ChiliPepper
Donating YT Addict

Shade

I don't have any advice for during the day, but I will share what I did with my pup and crating him at night. The first night Home...
I made sure there was only enough room in his create where he could stand and turn around. I did this by stuffing the back with rolled up towels and this made a small cozy sleeping den. I then put the crate on my night stand with the door facing my bed so he could see me all the time and know I was near. Then I draped a hand towel across the top of the crate to cover the side openings that did not face the wall. I put in a hot water bottle half filled with warm water (weather was cold at the time) and covered with a hand towel and put a soft blanket over that to make a really comfy bed. Then I added a cuddle buddy animal with the battery operated heartbeat. I sware I put him inside and said "night, night" closed the door. Turned off the lights, got into bed with my back to him (never acknowledge him in any way). He whimpered softly once and I didn't hear a peep until it was time for a potty run. Now I can put him in his crate and watch tv or listen to the radio and he just goes to sleep without a word. Good luck, I think they need to be near you at night when they are so young and newly separated from their litter as someone earlier posted. Can't hurt to try it
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!