View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

that is between the two of you. I don't know any breeders that routinely have this test done but in this case, she might. if she does then she pays. i see a lot of people on here always saying to have your little tiny puppy liver shunt tested or don't buy one until it is tested. My thoughts on this. I got ceeby at nine ounces and eight weeks old. After reading about liver shunt on here, I took him straight to my vet for a well puppy check up and a liver shunt test. My vet refused to do the liver shunt because as another poster already stated, they have to fast over night. these little ones just cannot do that. i waited until I was getting ready to use him as a stud dog to have him tested and still was anxious about the fasting. the urine tests are not accurate and if it comes back positive, you still have to fast them and do the blood work. As a breeder, I have a one year health guarantee against any genetic or life threatening defects. that gives the buyer plenty of time to let the little one grow before it is liver shunt tested. JMO
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!