View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

I agree with Yorkiedaze. She is allergic to something and you need to figure out what it is. How long have you had her on the allergy formula food? Is it Natural Balance brand? Or exactly what brand are you feeding her? MANY MANY dogs are allergic to corn, soy, barley, wheat, rye, dairy, and beef. If the food you are feeding contains ANY of these ingredients, you need to switch ASAP. If you have had her on a food in the past that contains any of these ingredients, it is quite possible that she has developed secondary allergies to other ingredients in the food...i.e. Chicken, lamb, or rice. The best advice I can give is to get her on a food that has COMPLETELY different ingredients than the foods you have fed in the past...completely different protein and carb sources. Natural Balance makes the best allergy formulas. If you are not already on one of those, I would change to one of those. I would suggest keeping her on that for at least 4-6 weeks to see if she clears up. If she doesn't then you can try homemade. It may not be her food at all that she's allergic to....it could be your carpets, your laundry detergent, air freshener, grass, dust, pollen. ect.. I would keep her on the allergy formula food and be aware of the times that her allergies flare up. Is it after she comes in from outside? Is it after she's been rolling around in the carpet? If you cannot get an allergy test done, then it will take some diligence on your part to figure out what she is allergic to, but it can be done. Best of luck. Please keep us updated.

Last edited by RLC12345678; 03-14-2007 at 07:28 AM.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!