View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #6
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Marcerella..I don't understand either.. why would a vet tell us we need to continually give shots yearly for the life of the dog??... When we do our children's vac.'s we only do them in infancy ...can you imagine if we had to take our children in their entire lives for the same shots over & over again??..We humans live to be in our 80's & a dog only lives 12-16 years yet the dogs shots don't last??..What did it do wear off???..I highly doubt it..I have a gut feeling it's all about the money...Lolabella...I have read about the titers also & it does sound like a very good option rather than subjecting my dog to these shots..your fortunate to have found a vet that understands the issue..I wish I had access to a homeopathic or holistic vet near me but the closest one is 1 1/2 hrs away.
From what I've read.. just because your dog is up running around & playing after a shot is meaningless..the damage is cumulative & it involves their immune system..the consquenses are way down the road as in thyroid,liver 7 kidney problems, arthritis, cancer, diabetes,allergies, behavioral problems etc. etc. These shots are far from harmless.
I plan on reading "Stop the shots" & "What the vet's don't tell you about vaccines"... but I believe I already know the answer. I realize this is a personal decision we each have to make but we really need to inform ourselves as best we can & the vet is only one source for info ...what if he is uninformed & lacks the knowledge ..isn't it like the fox guarding the hen house?.. I plan on making my decision w/ the same research that I would on my child & not just using one source..I feel I owe it to my pets to do so.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!