Thread: sick newborn?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Can you make a croup tent? Bet you are too young to even know what it is. It is an old timey remedy that my vet still uses. I just put a warm (or cold) water humidifier close to the pen and cover the whole thing with a sheet. The moisture stays in. DO NOT LET THE BABIES GET WET OR CHILLED! No temp, I presume?
I use a disk that I warm in microwave as a heat source for the babies is needed..keep a real close check on them during the night to make sure they are close to mom and that she is feeding them. You are definitely gonna be sleep deprived tomorrow. If onestarts struggling to breathe try to suction t the nose and mouth to get any mucus. Don't do the swingy thing that we do to get newborns to breathe cause that will cause the stomach contents to come up. Aspiration pneumonia could result.. I am a nurse, but I am a parent when it comes to tese babies. I beat feet to the vet for everything, but the ER are so outrageously expensive and sometimes,I am inclined to try to work homeopathic treatments first.. Good Luck with your babies..
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!