View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

Unfortunately, I've had to have more than one put to sleep - from old age, thank goodness! The one thing I always told myself was, when they stopped having that "look" in their eye - you know the one, where they're happy and pain-free, that it was time. It is absolutely one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but don't prolong your baby's suffering for yourself. He/she will love you and be waiting for you someday. My heart goes out to you.

If there's any way you can hold your baby while the vet gives them the shot, please do. I never wanted to have mine pts in some cold room with a stranger.

My eyes are full of tears for you. It's never, ever, easy. Prepare yourself. Give your baby their most favorite meal - full of fat or sugar, or whatever they like. Give them a day of wreckless abandon. Hug, kiss, and tell them everything you've always wanted them to know. Your heart will feel a sense of relief when it's over as you'll know you did what's best.

I pray for you and your baby. Be comforted in knowing that all our angels will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge to welcome the newcomer. Please have yours tell my Bozo, Chester and Rosebud how much mommy still misses them.

Hugs to you.
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!