View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
val
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default making a big decision

It has been a long time since I posted but I need some advice. My oldest dog, who will be 15 years old next month, is having a real hard time with day to day activities. I do not know if it is time for me to put him to sleep or not, I have never had to do this before he is my first baby and I have had him since I was 19. I do not know what to do, I am heartbroken. He has very weak legs, he is losing alot of hair and smells really bad and it seems like he cannot stretch the way dogs usually do and his head shakes sometimes. I have researched his symptoms and it seems like he has a dog form of parkinsons disease. I know you should not prolong their life if it is just for my own selfish reasons but I am at a loss. How do you know it is time? Anyone who has gone through this PLEASE inform me on what to do. I read on euthanasia but I can barely get through one paragraph without breaking down in tears just as I am doing right now. My husband thinks it is time and alot of friends say so as well, but none of my friends own dogs and they do not understand that I am not just getting rid of my pet, he is my baby, I am so torn, it is almost unbearable, it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest every time I think about having to let him go. I would also like to add that he is the best doggy ever and has brought such a joy to my life.
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!