View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

First of all.. your yorkie is still young. It's up to you to set the boundaries in the home. Crate training is a great tool for this. When you can't be with her to supervise, she's in the crate and unable to destroy things or pee on the floor. This crate time will also help her to learn to "hold it" so that she can wait a little longer in between potty times.

If she's peeing on your bed, she shouldn't be allowed on your bed, or should be 100 percent supervised while she's on there -- the truth is she doesn't have limits so she doesn't know it's bad to pee wherever she wants.

How often do you take her out to potty? Puppies often need to go out a lot. I know that I take Lula my 5 month old out every 45 minutes just to see if she has to go until she builds up her ability to hold it a bit.

Also, you should never ever have your dog off leash. It's irresponsible to other dog owners and people in general and could be dangerous for your yorkie. If she sees something and takes off she could be easily hit by a car, lost or anything like that.

Dogs can bark at people for a lot of reasons.. pent up energy, boredom, fear.. the list goes on and on. Try to work to see what your dogs trigger is. How long of walks do you take per day with her? Try diverting her attention when she barks at people. Make sure you're walking her on a leash, close to you.. and try to bring a squeaky or a clicker and each time she looks at you instead of barking at others give her a treat.
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!