View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

1. Are there any behaviors/attitudes associated with your heritage? ie: Irish temper
- Yes, in fact I'd say having both Scottish and Irish in me causes a lot of conflict leading to occassional bouts of "attitude". I'm stobburn as hell, but as I've gotten older I've learned to curb that. I thankfully, didn't get the straight out anger that's stereotyped w/ my heritage though.

2. What are the differences between and English/Irish ethnic background than any other ethnic background? ie: values, religion, holidays.
-Family is a BIG part of the Irish ethnicity. I don't know that English/Irish ethnic groups are as religious today as they were back then. I know my Grandparents are Catholic and still practice, but my immediate family does not do so anymore.
And holidays? They're ALWAYS big family get togethers and we all get along and have fun. Good times are always had and inevitably there's alcohol somewhere...even if it's hidden in the egg nog. (no drunks in the family though...drink in moderation. lol)

3. Are you in the majority or in the numerical minority as an English-Irish American?
-Umm, rephrase that. I don't think that English/Irish decendants are a minority.

4. Any discrimination towards your ethnicity?
-Nope. That darned Lucky Charms character maybe...j/k

5. Do you interact differently with people who are of your ethnicity than with people who are not?
-Not at all.
6. How has your identity been influenced by your heritage? Do you take pride in your heritage or are you indifferent?
-I have my family crests up on the walls of the house, so I'd say I take some sense of pride in my heritage, yes.
The Persian side of me too (mom's side)...why couldn't I have gotten my mom's lovely tan rather than my dad's lilly white rear? lol
And my identity has only been influenced by my heritage in the sense of my skin color and hair. See photo attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_2895.jpg (143.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 118_1809.JPG (64.3 KB, 22 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!