View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

Love

Aww, I can totally understand.

I think things will work out for you, whatever the labs say.

The only circumstance that I've seen a dog have a very serious condition and not show any signs was a German Shepherd that we trained for our K-9 program. The dog completed the program and was paired up w/ his officer and before they graduated as a team to hit the streets at a training session one of our trainers noticed that the dog was feeling a little off physically. Didn't think too much of it, finished the session and later took the dog to the vet.
Turns out that this male at 16 months of age was dying of Kidney failure. The vet's guess is that he was born w/ a kidney problem that went undiagnosed and the dog just didn't know what a healthy kidney felt like and so to him, kidney pains must've just been part of life and he coped. Needless to say he was pulled from the program and is playing out his days living in a home w/ one of our trainers. There's no cure or treatment for just how bad off he is. And he's one cool dog and to this day still plays and rough houses like a puppy. He seldom has a bad day, but is passing nonetheless. Odd. And the weirdest part is that he passed all of his prelim physicals! Trust me, a second and even third opinion was obtained I'm sure.

So, while something *could* be amiss w/ your baby's liver, I'd still get that second opinion!
She'll be home in no time, have a cup of hot tea and relax as best ya can. *hugs*
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!