View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #8
Kimbers Mommy
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer View Post
KimbersMommy-
The reason I suggested what I've said is because I've seen (on more occassions than my stomach cares to know about) little ones go in for surgery only to turn up a misdiagnosis.
If she isn't showing other symptoms, while it doesn't mean she doesn't have a liver shunt, it also could mean she has something else wrong.

Personally, not just because of her size, but I'd just have another vet at a different facility concur her condition before surgery came into play. There might be alternatives and again, there might not be anything really wrong w/ her liver either.

My thoughts are w/ you though and please keep us posted!
I really appreciate your fast response... She'll be with this vet all day today, and I will get her results by Wednesday. My breeder only knows what's going on because a friend of mine got a Yorkie from her a couple months before I got Kimber - and he was terribly upset when my dad told him what was happening.

I'm trying not to over react- and you're right, as it is such in invasive surgery - which would require at least a 10 hour drive (each way) depending on whether I go to the US or to Winnipeg, I will get a second opinion.

The vet seemed VERY confused when he called me and sort of interviewed me on her - like She's full of energy, eats/drinks plenty/ no digestive problems (I check out her poop, that's what a silly mom I am)... she's had stool tests and three check ups since I've got her too... so it's all quite shocking and A LOT to absorb...

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts It means a lot. My goodness it was VERY hard to leave her there this morning!
Kimbers Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!