View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #1
Kimbers Mommy
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Kimber is getting testing for a liver shunt today...

Hello All,
I haven't posted for a while as I have been very busy - Miss Kimber is doing very excellent. She's 6 months 2 weeks old and weighs just over 3 pounds.

I brought her in to get bloodwork done for her spay which is booked for Friday morning.

The vet called me on Saturday and said her bile acid levels were three times what they should be, and that she had a low white blood cell count.

Today she is going back in for x-rays to see her liver and some more testing. I'm worried sick about her, the poor thing. In a way I am glad we caught it now (especially before they put her under for her spay)...but the way the vet was talking on Saturday very much freaked me out.

He was discussing surgery options if she has a shunt. I would have to go out of town for it, I don't care about the costs - just that my baby is okay! She didn't have any symptoms ... if she had any problems I would have taken her into the vet right away!

She never has diarehha or vomitting, she's very energetic, etc.

Anyway - I guess I don't get the test results back until Wednesday. I feel so bad she has to go through all this testing today
Kimbers Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!