View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #15
ChiliPepper
Donating YT Addict

Before you rip it up. Get a black light. Hit all the stains with Simple Solution ( I mean really saturate the areas so it gets down to the pad. I used a watering can to control where I needed it most). Then let it dry completely, this may take a couple of days. After it has dried, look at the areas with the black light again to make sure the stains have been taken care of. Now, steam clean with The Rug DOctor (rental) or your own machine with the Simple solution added to the water. Let this dry completely (Use fans to help with the drying). Smells and stains should be gone. To give it a fresher scent I go over the areas I treated with "Woolite Oxy Deep 2" ( comes in a silver double canister that you have to shake to activate the oxygen in the solution). I did this because I had a dog that marked and I was getting another puppy and I sware this puppy has not gone on the carpet where the old dog went yet and I always find him sniffing for something. I would try this before I went to the expense of new expensive flooring if you'd like delay doing it for a while. I thought I was going to get wood flooring until this worked very well and now I can use that money for something else. Sorry this was so long, but I thought I could help you. Good luck
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!