View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 12:58 AM   #15
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
The RED FLAGS I see are the words , TEACUP, TINY, have ALL SIZES.
A GOOD breeder does NOT breed for "tiny" dogs. The yorkie IS in the "toy breed class" there is NO SUCH thing as a "tiny" or a "toy" yorkie. There is one size only and that is "standard" which is 5 to 7 pounds" .
Any breeder that advertises they have "toy" "teacup" "tiny" yorkies uses these words as a ploy to charge big bucks for under standard size yorkies.

I am formally from NY, The Bronx and had checked out some of these so called "breeders" in Bklyn, what I found were many were BROKERS not BREEDERS, they buy litters from puppy mills reason why they have dogs of many sizes.... Also beware of "The Puppy Boutique" 8002 17th Ave, Bklyn, NY (Bensonhurst) (if they still exist)
This is NOT a breeder, it is a BROKER, they buy litter of puppies from puppy mills. They charge top dollar ($2000 plus) for puppy mills dogs.

You should look for a breeder that breeds for their next champion, their next show quality dog, these breeders check back several generation on their breeding pair to ensure there are no genetic defects. Out of a litter they will select what they feel may be show quality puppies and sell the rest. You would not be buying a "show quality" pup, you would be buying a healthy puppy. You may pay more up front for the puppy but will save down the road in vet bills, and heart break. You may have to look outside the NY metropolitan area for a reputable, quality breeder but it will be so worth it.

Yeah. This. Chews is from a broker. We got very. Lucky. This is despite her tummy issues and nasty allergies that are plaguing her. Had she been from a legit breeder, we'd know and we'd have her being treated. She wouldn't be suffering through this B.S. I was taught breeder- parents on site. No. Even though the promise on the phone was they were. Please be very, very, careful. They are toy breeds. No teacup. no show quality.No 'Teddy bear faces.' They ALL have teddy bear faces at that age. You want, healthy parents on site, sire and dam lines go back (a lot of generations) guaranTEED healthy pups, no two week guarantee. You want an actual contract that is LEGALLY held up. Last but not least, Please check those papers out carefully. NOT because you want to show them per se, but because you need to be able to check their lines and be held accountable for their actions if they dupe you. PLEASE research which kennels are legit- because I can't say for sure that ONLY the AKC is legit. There might be other ones. I'm just very bitter. She's the best puppy ever, and I got lucky. wouldn't trade her for a zillion other yorkies. I got her registered with the AKC, but please, keep in mind, it took many hours for me to do the leg work to do so. This will get longer so I'll stop there. Just. Please, listen to every one.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!