View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

The RED FLAGS I see are the words , TEACUP, TINY, have ALL SIZES.
A GOOD breeder does NOT breed for "tiny" dogs. The yorkie IS in the "toy breed class" there is NO SUCH thing as a "tiny" or a "toy" yorkie. There is one size only and that is "standard" which is 5 to 7 pounds" .
Any breeder that advertises they have "toy" "teacup" "tiny" yorkies uses these words as a ploy to charge big bucks for under standard size yorkies.

I am formally from NY, The Bronx and had checked out some of these so called "breeders" in Bklyn, what I found were many were BROKERS not BREEDERS, they buy litters from puppy mills reason why they have dogs of many sizes.... Also beware of "The Puppy Boutique" 8002 17th Ave, Bklyn, NY (Bensonhurst) (if they still exist)
This is NOT a breeder, it is a BROKER, they buy litter of puppies from puppy mills. They charge top dollar ($2000 plus) for puppy mills dogs.

You should look for a breeder that breeds for their next champion, their next show quality dog, these breeders check back several generation on their breeding pair to ensure there are no genetic defects. Out of a litter they will select what they feel may be show quality puppies and sell the rest. You would not be buying a "show quality" pup, you would be buying a healthy puppy. You may pay more up front for the puppy but will save down the road in vet bills, and heart break. You may have to look outside the NY metropolitan area for a reputable, quality breeder but it will be so worth it.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!