View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #100
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Star They're Here!

I knew I took the day off from work for a reason. Okay, so nothing really happened until this evening, but it was still nice having the day off.

This morning, Halle's lack of appetite and 98.6 temp was reason enough to merit not going into work. Friday's are my half days & I really didn't expect anything to happen that soon, but hey.......any reason to stay home I jump at the chance. Renee came over and sat with me all morning, & went home at lunch time seeing that Halle wasn't quite ready yet.
Late this afternoon, I started seeing a change in Halle with her doing some wandering around in the bedrooms seemingly looking for something. So I decided it was time for she and I to set up camp in my room. She did some nesting and wandering, but at first it just seemed that she wanted out of the bedroom. After about an hour-hour and a half, I saw what I wondered if it was a contraction and soon after saw a very definite one. That's when I called Renee to come join me.

Halle had her first puppy at 9:05pm, a 5 1/4 ounce little boy. He was very eager to nurse practically right out of the womb and had no trouble latching on. His nursing seemingly kept the contractions coming and Halle had baby boy #2 just 30 minutes later. This little guy came out back feet first and they were NOT in the sack! Luckily the contractions kept coming and with some gentle tugs with each contraction, we got the rest of him out, and he too had a healthy appetite right away and also weighed 5 1/4 ounces. Halle took a little rest after that and as we were tending the second pups' cord, Halle decided she wanted to join her first born in the holding basket. This basket isn't very big, but Halle managed to curl up in it with her boys. Renee and I both got a big kick out of that sight! See for yourself in the pictures below. Puppy #3 arrived at 10:15pm and came out head first perfectly enclosed in the bubble like we've seen on the many whelping websites. Halle kept her streak of boys going as this one too was a little male; he was just a tad smaller weighing 5 ounces even. That's 4 for 4 males, counting her singleton son Oscar from her last litter.

Halle & her sons are getting acquainted and resting as I type this. Once again she did awesomely with the whelp and is being a wonderfully attentive mama. She's the best!!! For now, here are a few pics we took tonight. I hope to get more tomorrow or Sunday; some individual shots. When I do we will move to the nursery.
4-9 Pretty mama with first two boys RESIZED.jpg Pretty mama with her first two sons
4-9 Halle joins the pups in the warming basket RESIZED.jpg Silly girl snuggling with the boys in their holding basket
4-9 Renee helping the last one to latch on RESIZED.jpg My friend and mid-woof partner Renee helping the last little boy latch on for his first taste of mama's milk (colostrum) THANK YOU RENEE!!!!!
4-9 Halle's 3 babies are born! RESIZED.jpg Halle & her 3 sons!
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!