View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
swgayorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Wheelchair needed for my Yorkie who has cancer

My 9 yr old Yorkie has luxating patella's which, until recently, she has tolerated well. She has been diagnosed with lymphoma of her bladder and has urinary urgency and frequency. After squatting frequently for long periods of time (before we got the diagnosis) the patella's got worse. Her symptoms improved for a short period of time but are getting worse again. She starts her chemotherapy treatments Thursday which includes prednisone, this will weaken her knees more. I am looking for a "wheelchair" for her to use while her knees are weak. Our Vet, who we have the total faith in, thinks that she will do well with the chemo. We have four Yorkies, Gidget is our oldest but we have had her the shortest length of time. She is very much a Mommy's girl, pretty much my shadow. It has been a very emotional week for me, the lump is still in my chest that was there when the vet gave me the biopsy results last Thursday. Any guidance you can give about wheelchairs would be greatly appreciated. Prayers for Gidget and for the vet while he is treating her would be appreciated even more. Thanks for your help and your prayers.
Lisa and Gidget
swgayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!