View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #11
bornnygurl
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Loki did this too. I guess it's nice to know he's not the only one. He would drain a 16oz bowl. Basically any water I poured would be gone immediately and then he had to pee every 5 minutes for an hour. We couldn't possibly leave water out all the time or leave it in the crate. We still "limit" water but he gets way more than he needs. They need 1-1.5oz per pound of body weight. Loki is about 12 pounds and drinks 2-3 16oz bottles a day.
I can totally understand. I should rephrase what I said earlier: Faith grew out of it but she still has bouts when she doesn't know when to stop and we have to tell her to. She's been that way since the day we got her. I thought there was something wrong with her because I've never saw a dog who didn't know when they were full. I thought maybe if she sensed fullness she would know when to stop. NOT! I tried this several times with her as a baby and it never worked. She would literally get so bloated she couldn't move and then get sick and be ready to do it again the next day. That is why I say limiting water intake is not cruel as long as they are getting a certain amount a day.
bornnygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!