Thread: yorkie drugs
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #15
Sweetums
Donating Yorkie Yakker

It is just so typical for people to put medications for behavior problems down as if using drugs would be showing weakness, but if its diabetes we were dealing with, then no one would have a word to say against it. Most folks don't see that a brain problem is no different from any other organ problem of the body. My daughter has bipolar. She has been told that it's just all in her head and she should just change her behavior. But guess what folks. She can't' just change. She has a chemical imbalance of the brain and you can't talk her into making a change in the function of her brain by just changing her behavior.

If you had diabetes, you'd have a pancreas that doesn't create enough insulin, so you'd need insulin to replace it. And if you have a brain dysfunction, caused by an imbalance in brain chemistry, you need a medication to balance the faulty brain chemistry. Whether that faulty brain function came on through outside circumstances (in my daughter's case she was under a stressful situation which triggered the whole thing and in a friend's case her daughter was under a stressful situation when she developed obsessive compulsive disorder for which she now takes meds) it doesn't mean that you can just fix the outside circumstances and expect the brain to go back to normal function. When you have diabetes there is something that predisposes your pancreas to the disease. You can't just fix outside circumstances, such as taking away sugar, and expect everything to be hunky-dory again either. The pancreas is an organ and the brain is an organ. The organs of your body can develop disorders and they can be rebalanced with medication. It's just common sense.

So my suggestion is to try Rescue Remedy and if that doesn't work, then find a vetinarian who will prescribe something for you dog to rebalance the brain function.
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!