View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
I_Heart_Tito
Yorkie Yakker

Question Soooo many questions...

Hello All. My name's Denisse and I just purchased a 9 month old Yorkie pup on Friday. HE'S GREAT!
However, I've never owned a dog before and have a TON of questions.

1. Tito's not potty trained (shouldn't he be at this age???). We're working on it and he's getting better at peeing outside (some accidents still) but he still won't poo out there. I purchased those little doggy pee pads....won't use them. I purchased a crate and put him in there all the time unless we're walking, he's eating or I'm playing with him. Yesterday I left him in there for about an hour and a half and he soiled it. The crate says it's for small dogs under 25 lbs. My friend suggested that the crate might be too big for him for potty training; I put something in the crate so that it just allows him to stand up, turn around, etc. I left him in there for awhile and he was ok...no mess. he slept in it, no problems.

How can i get him to poo outside!?!?

2. I work a full time job. I'm gone from 8am-6pm approximately. This morning I walked him at 6am for abut 20 minutes (he peed twice), brought him in, fed him, put him back in the crate while i got ready for work, at about 7am I took him back outside for about 10 minutes (no pee/poo). Then i put him in the bathroom with newspaper on the floor while I'm at work (I made sure to remove anything that could be harmful to him in there but I did leave him his water dish and some chew toys).

Am I doing anything incorrectly? Should I be keeping him in his crate all day while I'm at work? It seems a bit long, especially since he's not potty trained yet. I am going to try using my lunch breaks to go home and walk him but I work at a busy firm and that's not always possible.

How many times a day does a 9 month old dog need to be walked? I'm only going to feed him in the morning after our walk and in the afternoon when I get home. Is this enough?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing and I want to be the best mom possible to Tito. I'm completely enamored by this little guy already...I felt like crying this morning when I had to leave him at home (it's so weird..I've never felt this way about anything before).

I have more questions but I have to get back to work right now.

Thanks in advance to all that reply with comments/suggestions.
I_Heart_Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!