View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsirk27
anybody have any raising money ideas. Not for me of course but for the dogs...food, care and what not!
We have a no kill animal shelter here called Friendz 4 Life. My daughter's girl scout leader is very active with it and so my daughter has participated in some of their activities. One neat annual event they do is a pet festival. They have game booths for the kids and and bounce houses and all that and drink and food booths. Local crafters also rent booths. All of this makes money but the thing that makes it so much more fun than most rinky little festivals is the pet show. All of the kids enter their pets. Dogs, cats guinea pigs, whatever. You pay for each category you enter- cutest pet, best dressed, best kisser, etc. It is so much fun and almost everyone wins something. All but cutest win certificates stating that they won that event and coupons for free fries or something like that. Cutest pet is the coveted category and you also get a little (very cheap) trophy. My daughter's dog, Spike won last year so I have to brag a little and include a picture.

You can also set up in PetSmart or places like that. Bring a cute kid friendly dog and have information about the shelter and take donations. There are also companies that you can buy those rubber bracelets that everyone has for charities and sell those. You can have them engraved with the name of your shelter. If you do a google search for fundraiser bracelets, a million will come up.

Good luck! Y'all are truly wonderful people!
Attached Thumbnails
I am really serious about......-showdog.jpg  
Nikki+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!