Thread: Knee Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
Baileysmommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Knee Problems

Hello All! I am new here and I was reading all the threads that have been put out here about the knee problems. We have a Yorkie his name is Bailey and he is 7 months old, I started noticing that Bailey would carry his back left leg a little over a month ago. I took him into our Vet and he x-rayed him and we now have an appointment with a surgeon in Greensboro, NC @ Carolina Veterinary Association. I was devastated, the more he told me about his knee problem the more I cried. Bailey is basically our "baby". So I will keep you all up to speed on how the outcome is, ut he is on some anti-inflammatory medicine called Previcox. I really cannot tell that it is doing anything for him, but maybe internally it is. My vet thinks that Bailey will need knee replacement surgery, but Bailey plays and runs and acts like there is nothing wrong until he slows down and then he favors that leg some. We will see how things go, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, because I am scared to death about this. My Vet also stated that this is not an injury that Bailey has received, he states that it is hereditary.
Baileysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!