View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #15
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspippi
P.S. My grandparents used to take a green walnut, and cut the green skin off and rub the black part (between the nutshell and the outside green skin) on ringworm. It turns it black, but it kills the ringworm. Honest! When I was a kid my mother got a ringworm on her leg from our neighbor's cat and she treated with a green walnut. My dad told her she was crazy, but it got rid of it! Now he tells everyone about it.
Wow, that's wild! Pretty neat remedy! Besides the really nasty ringworm episode my daughter had from my MIL's kittens, she's had a couple spots a couple other times (from same MIL's cats again - other ones) so I do know what a pain it can be.

Honestly, when our new kittens had it about a year ago, all I did was bathe them and the dogs with the prescription shampoo but did nothing else special to any of them. The vet did not give us anything topical nor did he recommend anything OTC to try. I'm sure he would have if the shampoo didn't take care of it. Tatum got one ringworm spot, I think Stormie got one spot but they all cleared up pretty quickly. I've heard you are supposed to do all the sterilizing and stuff that's been talked about here but we never went that far. We got lucky probably!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!