View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal28
Hi Pat,
I have been reading the posts and I have posted some of my questions about breeding on here, but nobody will actually answer my questions. They tell me not to breed or that the mother and pups could die and that it costs alot to breed yorkies. I am glad that I was told this stuff, but I want to know things like what tests do I need to have done to Molly before breeding, at what age should I breed her and how will I know she is ready to be bred. I have never done this before and if I do decide to breed her I want to make sure I have alot of information and that I know what I am doing. I don't even know how to go about finding a good Stud also I don't even know what weight is a safe weight to breed her.
I just want to make sure that I will be doing the right thing for Molly.
Thanks for answering my questions,
Crystal

I was told the same things when I asked about breeding. But the best bit of advice that I was given, was to get a couple of good books on breeding and read them asbout 20 times, I think I am up to about 12 times by now.

All of my questions were in the books.

Also get a couple of good books on yorkies, so you know what a standard yorkie is supposed to look like, what traits to breed for and which dogs should NEVER be bred.

That is the best advice you can get because there is soooooooooo much to learn.

Also keep reading the posts on here, they are very informative. And find an experienced breeder that you can go one on one with.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!