Thread: Garlic and dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I agree - garlic isn't bad for dogs. Mine eat a fair amount of it because they eat leftovers ---and we are garlic-loving people.

Raw onions are bad for dogs (most dogs won't eat them anyway). Cooked onions don't bother them.

But - let's be honest - how many of us are feeding our dogs a lot of garlic and onions on a daily basis. Probably none! So - the occasional garlic and onions they get can't hurt them.

****** I have had dogs all my life, and, to my knowledge, I have never had one have a problem with any food I have ever fed them. They have always all gotten a variety of different foods -- and not a total ton of any one food.

I think the exception to my experience might be for some people who have a dog with a "sensitive stomach" (like some people have). In this case, you may have to be more careful about what your dog eats. But, more often than not, they can eat a little bit of practically anything.

**** Grapes are bad for dogs!!! My pup (8-weeks old) ate a whole bowl full of them (by mistake) the first week I had him... didn't bother him at all. But, believe me, I never deliberately feed him grapes, and I don't think he has had many since then.

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!